GPS - E-Prescribing
E-Prescribing is becoming the industry standard for pharmacies serving health care facilities.
As an essential element in improving the quality of patient care, e-prescribing gives your customers the ability to electronically send accurate, error-free and understandable prescriptions directly to your pharmacy from their location.
The GPS Pharmacy System is ready for e-prescribing today. The GPS system is compliant with the NCPDP SCRIPT standard.
GPS is ready now because RNA/Mobile MedSoft is current with the needs and trends of pharmacies and the markets they service. In fact, because of our leadership and collaboration in the pharmacy industry, RNA/Mobile MedSoft was the only pharmacy management software developer to participate in the CMS pilot program for setting standards for long term care e-prescribing.
While e-prescribing gives your customers the speed, accuracy and cost benefits of electronically sending prescriptions directly to your pharmacy, many of your customers may still have concerns about the expenses, usability, quality, technology and security of online systems. RNA/Mobile MedSoft understands these issues, which means we use our expertise to make electronic prescription processing understandable, easy to use and comfortable for you and your customers.
Along with e-prescribing, GPS Pharmacy System handles:
- User-specific security levels set by systems administrator
- Barcoding: refills, credits, RX and delivery verification, inventory control
- Therapeutic Formulary by Facility
- Clinical and reimbursement edits during order entry
- Clinical interventions
- ICD10 diagnosis codes and AHFS drug grouping
- IV and compound processing
- Electronic inventory control
- Pricing formularies can be customer or facility specific
- Retail laser label/drug monograph