GPS - Inventory Control
Pharmacy Inventory Control Made Easy
The GPS inventory control and purchase order system is a real-time perpetual inventory system. It provides for the generation and submission of electronic purchase orders to a drug wholesaler system and accepts a response back from the wholesaler system.
You can selectively use these inventory functions on some drug items or manage your entire inventory with them.
Purchase order systems serve 3 major purposes:
- Manage vendor purchases
- Maximize your payment terms
- Provide purchase accountability and audit trail
Inventory management systems let you:
- Utilize “just-in-time” purchase of drugs
- Maximize inventory turn-over ratio
- Maximize cash flow
Scanning Your Inventory
You can use a wireless barcode scanner to effortlessly scan your entire inventory on the drug shelf. Use a pre-printed barcode legend to list drugs, enter the amount in physical inventory, and update the quantity on hand for each item.
- Maintain multiple vendors – Different wholesalers for the same drug item
- Drug Maintenance – Item-specific purchase information, including cost, ordering parameters, available vendor sources and history for purchasing and dispensing
- Suggested Order – Vendor-specific purchase order based on item evaluation of quantity on hand against the pre-defined reorder point, including the ability to modify the suggested order, then create the actual order
- Track Order – Printable report for realtime status of your system orders
- Update Receive Quantity – Processes acknowledgment for items for a particular order with the capability to identify back-ordered items
- Returns – Processes items to return to your wholesaler
- Purchase History – Item-specific details for past purchases
- Inventory Maintenance – Item-specific report for inventory including Grand Total calculation for inventory value
- Scan Inventory – Uses barcode scanning to update inventory information